Pages

Thursday 18 September 2014

Why I love Autumn

Happy Autumn Guys! So it's not officially Autumn until September 21st but let's just pretend that it's Autumn already. Although, this is probably the least Autumnul weather I have ever seen in September. This is my absolute favourite time of year and I thought I'd tell you why!

1. The Weather
- Early Autumn is generally the time for slightly colder, dry weather with overcast clouds and crunchy leaves! It's not so cold to wear coats, hats, scarves etc. but it's definitely layer weather! Which brings me on to the next point ...

2. The clothes
- I LOVE the Fall fashion - there's nothing better than tights, boots, cardigans, leather, scarves, hats, jumpers and all the wonderful layering essentials! The colours are also AMAZING in Autumn - burgandy, navy and khaki all make an appearance in my wardrobe at this time of year.

3. The makeup
- To expand on my last point, makeup also develops during these months. It is way more acceptable to wear dark lipstick in autumn than any other time of year (even more so than Winter in my opinion). Also, metallic or dark eye makeup is also acceptable on a day-to-day basis, as is dark, metallic or glittery nails! Futhermore, fellow pale people need not be afraid of the outside world from September onwards.

4. New School Year
 - This applies to everyone 22 and under, but a new year = a new you. At 19 I still feel like I start fresh on September 1st, you're faced with so many new opportunities, and studies suggest that people who start the gym in September are more likely to stay than those who start in January. I say New Year's Resolutions should be made and kept in September instead!

5. The food
- Now is the time that my all-time favourite drink returns - yes, you guessed it, it's the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks! Apple pie, stew, casserole, toffee apples and treacle toffee also make frequent appearances in my kitchen.

6. The smells 
- A bit of an expansion on food, the smells in Autumn are to die for! Even the smell of outside is better (plus there's no more hay fever - yay!) Once you get past the crop season, which is particularly bad if you, like me, live next to a field. My favourite Yankee Candles are autumn ones too - Candy Corn, Berrilicious, November Rain, Fireside Treats

7. The TV!
- Oh. My. God. I literally become such a house bunny in Autumn because the TV is so damn good! Absolutely all of my favourite shows return in August, September or October (barring Game of Thrones - boo!). But America's Next Top Model comes on, next thing you know Dr Who is back on Saturday nights! Then it's September and The Biggest Loser, Grey's Anatomy, Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory AND Criminal Minds sneak back onto our screens! Aaaaaah I'm in heaven.

8. Halloween and Bonfire Night
- It saddens me that not everybody celebrates Bonfire Night as it is such a massive tradition here in the UK! Apart from my asthma kicking off the day after, I love Bonfire Night for the food, fireworks, bonfires, sparklers and socialness! And need I mention Halloween? Probably my favourite holiday despite not being the biggest fan of scary films, but once again I love the food associated with this - and of course, the costumes!

9. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!
Yes, it is in fact my birthday right near Halloween, so what's not to love about a birthday, THEN trick or treating, THEN bonfire night, and then it's pretty much Christmas after that so we all know I'm a winner in the birthday department (if only we had Thanksgiving here too!)

On the other hand ...
If there's one thing that makes me DESPISE this time of year, it's cocky little spiders who think it's all right to make themselves at home IN MY BEDROOM just because the weather has got colder. Also, they are getting more and more outgoing - i actually caught one running up and down my bed the other day! Cheeky bastard.
CJ x



(Images are from google.com, topshop, starbucks and Yankee Candle)

No comments:

Post a Comment