Pages

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Skincare Routine

I used to be someone who just took their makeup off with a wipe, washed their face with whichever cleaner I fancied buying that month and be done with it. But, as this year has gone on, I've branched out and really begun to love skincare products! (mainly thanks to the Body Shop). I am getting older now, and I'm definitely noticing that some products and brands work better than others, so I thought I'd talk about my new skincare routine!

Every Morning

  • Simple Kind to Skin Makeup Wipes - the first thing I do every morning is use a makeup wipe to make sure I've got rid of any excess makeup that I may have missed the night before (usually a bit of mascara - damn you benefit!)
  • The Body Shop Tea Tree Foaming Cleanser - I cannot recommend this stuff enough! I have combination skin and I don't find this drying at all. My skin cleared up so much after using this stuff for about a week, and it feels foamy and incredible
  • The Body Shop Seaweed Exfoliator - my skin feels so nice and smooth after I use this, it gets off all the dead skin on my nose that I tend to get and just gives a really glowing feel
  • Nivea Everyday Moisturizer - as my skin doesn't tend to get overly dry (yet) apart from my cheeks, I find that a cheap, everyday moisturizer works perfectly to keep my skin hydrated

Every Evening


  • Garnier Cleansing Lotion and cotton wool pads - I find that a cream cleanser is so much quicker to take your makeup off and it's much better for your skin than makeup wipes! This stuff really does the trick, however it's the first one I've tried to I'm open to suggestions of more!
  • The Body Shop Tea Tree Foaming Wash (again)
  • The Body Shop Vitamin E Night Cream - again, this was the first night cream I've purchased so I'm a bit unsure of it. The Tea Tree night serum has been recommended too and I have a tester so I'll be giving that one a go! The Vitamin E one however, works really well to moisturize the skin at night (obviously) and made my skin feel much softer!

Twice a Week

I use The Body Shop (shocker) Warming Mineral Mask twice a week. This was actually my first purchase from the Body Shop and this is what got the whole obsession started. This mask is perfection. You can actually feel it warming your skin up and after you've taken it off, and applied a bit of moisturizer, your skin feels like a dream! Love this.

Twice a Month

The Glamglow Youthmud mask is honestly the best mask I have ever tried in my life! It goes on almost black and dries grey, but where it's pulled out the excess oil from your skin remains black so you can really see how well it's worked! I wouldn't recommend using this mask any more than once a week as I feel like it's too harsh a treatment (and too expensive) to be used more than that.

As I've said, skincare is my new obsession and I'm open to suggestions of any sort, I'm looking into eye creams and cream cleansers at the moment if anyone has any recommendations! Thanks!
CJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment