Pages

Thursday 28 August 2014

My Health and Fitness Routine/Tips - Fitness Essentials

Third installment of my health and fitness routine! Sorry it's so spread out but there was just too much to talk about in one blog post and I went really in depth in the last two. So this is my fitness essentials post - the items I mention here are some that I personally love owning and probably couldn't do without. I'm not saying everybody needs all of these items to be fit though, this is just what I feel I need (and I'm a bit of a shopping addict). These are all optional as not everyone requires the same equipment
1. A sports bra - ladies, nothing will be a better best friend than a good sports bra. You have to find the right one for you - different exercises and shapes require different sports bras. I recommend a medium support for strength training and pilates or yoga - but I've recently purchased the Victoria's Secret Front-Close Knockout and oh my ... IT'S AMAZING, if you're bigger chested or require more support - this one's for you!
2.Yoga pants/shorts. This one's obvious, you need decent gym wear for workouts and my favourites are the Victoria's Secret yoga pants and shorts (shocker), but I also really love my American Apparel jersey shorts and Nike do some good workout wear too.
3. Water Bottle. Again, an obvious one but chances are you will not be able to complete a decent workout without drinking water! And if you do, it could be unhealthy. I love the water bottles with a chill stick you can put in the freezer so your water stays nice and cold!

4. Headphones! Especially when exercising along, music makes time seem like it's going faster and gets me more motivated, you can set your mood, timing and routine by music - so you should!
5. Trainers! Once again, everybody's different - some people may be able to just wear any trainers, but for others (like me) who suffer from shin splints, you'll find some trainers work better than others. There are different types for different exercises so get advice before you buy if you're unsure!
6. Free weights - you do not need to buy these yourself! Especially if you tend to change week by week like many people as you get stronger. I just have the Davina McCall ones - which only go up to about 5lbs so I use them when doing combination moves.
7. Yoga mat - once again, you do not need to buy your own, unless you do yoga at home that is. But I love my yoga mat for everything even if I don't do that much yoga.
EXTRA - I have to take my inhaler to any workout, just in case of emergencies!
I hope this helped!
CJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment