Pages

Friday 22 August 2014

Stressed About Results?

Don't worry!

Have you recently received your GCSE or a level results and are worried about what comes next? Don't stress about it! Everyone has been or will go through a similar thing at this point in life, and nobody thinks it's an easy thing to deal with. But nevertheless, here are a few tips to help you cope!

A levels

The good thing about a levels is that they don't really matter once you get to university or get a job! So what if you didn't get the results you were expecting? I know it seems difficult to cope with at the time, but there are other options. 
If you didn't get into your firm choice - go to your insurance or through clearing, you could even resit one or both years if you're really unhappy. I know some people that got less than expected in their a levels, didn't get into university, got a job and never looked back! 
I didn't get into my firm choice after my a levels and I honestly think it was the best thing for me, I switched universities and degrees and managed to find what I really wanted to do and who I really wanted to be.
I know plenty of people who achieved amazing results but still didn't get an offer from their firm, or any offer for that matter. Many decided to take a gap year, broaden their experiences and better their chances of getting into university the year after.
However, only you know yourself and what you're capable of: if you know you can do better, then do it! Prove everyone wrong. You are the master of your own life. Sometimes life will give you a bad hand, but just take what you've been given and run with it!

GCSEs

OK, so the thing about GCSE results day (yesterday) is that it seems to be getting bigger every year. When I took my GCSEs, I didn't revise, and only a handful of people I knew did but now it seems that everyone really studies hard for their GCSEs and so they should! Back in my day, it was frowned upon to revise for an exam or get 100% in a test, but now it's almost as if it's cool to be clever!
Once again, the plus side to GCSEs is, apart from Maths and English (and obviously, the field you're going into) they don't matter much after the next month or so! Seriously, nobody cares who got what - it took me a while even just to remember what I got!
Despite that, I did have to present my Maths and English certificates in order to obtain my current job (which required A's) and most big companies and universities like you to have at least a C in each.
Another benefit to GCSEs? You can resit them as many times as you like! Just sign up and go to your local college or school and you'll be able to get the grades in no time!
As with university, it doesn't matter if you didn't meet your requirements to get into the college you wanted - things always work out for the best. You could have hated it, you'll probably make a lifelong friend at the one you're going to, Your possibilities are endless!

Lessons To Be Learnt:

  • NEVER be ashamed of your results - you earned them and it took a hell of a lot of work to get them
  • ALWAYS be open to new opportunities - I met one of my best friends and my insurance university and I wouldn't know how to cope without them
  • DON'T compare yourself to others - life isn't an equal playing field
  • BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU HAVE AND WHAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE
Congratulations to everyone who has completed their GCSEs, BTECs
or A levels in the UK and all equivalents around the world - you did great
CJ x


 


No comments:

Post a Comment