Pages

Saturday 23 August 2014

My MAC Lipstick Collection

So I've been building my collection for just over a year - I have a serious weakness for MAC lipsticks and this is what I have so far.
To some of you, this may be a large collection but to others this will seem rather small. I do have a MAC lipstick wishlist too (which is lengthy if I'm honest) 



 Left to right - Viva Glam V (Lustre), MAC Red (Satin), Dark Side (Amplified), Creme Cup (Cremesheen), Creme D'Nude (Cremesheen), Lovelorn (Lustre), Flair for Finery (Lustre), Japanese Maple (Cremesheen), Ravishing (Cremesheen), Rebel (Satin)



As you can see, I only have 4 finishes; 5 cremesheens, 3 lustres, 2 satins and an amplified lipstick
Cremesheen - is my absolute favourite finish it's so nourishing, the colours glide on and give a really creamy finish (as the name suggests) LOVE THEM.
Lustre - this is probably a mix between Cremesheen and Glaze, so it's got quite a sheen to it, but it stays a lot longer (and is a lot less sticky) than a gloss
Satin - 1 step down from matte, so it gives almost a matte finish, but not quite, this babies do not budge! Which is probably a good thing considering my two are in very bold colours, they are quite drying on the lips so be sure to use plenty of lip balm!
Amplified  - gives basically an amplified colour, really pigmented, really long lasting and not too drying on the lips - I'd still be sure to use lip balm though


It's not that I don't like any of the other finishes, it's just that I have yet to try them! 
My wishlist right now is:
Kinda Sexy (matte)
Velvet Teddy (matte)
Russian Red (matte)
Myth (satin)
Up the Amp (amplified creme)
Peach Blossom (cremesheen)
- I know! It's a lot, but I'm OBSESSED with MAC lipsticks - they're hands down my favourites.

Here are some swatches on my arm, if you'd like to see swatches on my lips, just let me know :)
CJ x

1 comment: