Pages

Wednesday 1 July 2015

New In Beauty: June 2015

Clinique anti-blemish solutions 3 step system. Everyone's heard of this by now, it's infamous. Clinique's 3 step program for problem skin. Mine was a little freebie from when my mum bought a load of makeup from there a few months ago. I think the only difference between this one and the one that the sell in store is that I got a little bar of soap, instead of a foaming cleanser. But the steps are the same. 1. Cleanse your face with the cleanser. 2. Exfoliate with the clarifying lotion (feels more like a toner but I'm guessing there are miniscule beads in there). 3. Moisturise with the all-over clearing treatment. Honestly, this stuff has rescued my skin. I think it really does work to help clear and clarify everything and I'd say that it works best for those in their early to mid twenties who maybe have a few blemishes here and there. I notice a difference when I stop using this and then start again. I will definitely be repurchasing these items and keeping them in my skincare routine
I'm afraid I can't find the mini set that I have ( but I think you can get it from airports) so here's the separate products:
Cleansing Bar
Clarifying Lotion
Clearing Moisturiser

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. Oh my god, this stuff s incredible and I'm so glad I found it. Whilst in Paris (if you didn't know I was check this out) I walked into Sephora on the Champs Elysee, whilst I was mesmorised by the fact it was a Sephora. I was a tad underwhelmed, at first I thought it was just like the one in Prague where pretty much everything was available in the UK. But not in Paris. I found the Too Faced counter. And as Ben was getting a tad bored, I chose just one thing from there. And oh my am I glad I chose this. . It volumises, it lengthens, it blackens, it does everything. I would say it's just as good if not better than Benefit's They're Real. I am considering writing a blogpost comparing the two with pros and cons, if you want to see it, let me know! I previously thought you couldn't get Too Faced makeup in the UK, HOWEVER, Debenhams have recently launched it. So beware, there will be a Too Faced haul coming this way.
Link here

MAC 129 Powder Brush. I have needed a new powder brush for so long and this really does the trick. It has the perfect consistency in bristles and is really soft, it's easy to apply powder with. The brush itself isn't too big or too small and it doesn't hold an insane amount of powder after its use. It also washes really well.
Link here

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus. After a good few months without my favourite powder when I went back to it I fell in love all over again. And EVERYONE commented on how good my base looked once I had this back in my life. It's so good, applied in the right areas it gives perfect coverage to your skin, and mattifies but also doesn't take away the dewiness. Just apply in T-zone, chin, upper lip and apples of the cheeks instead of all over. I also think MAC powders have a really good colour variety

MAC Lipstick in Brave. This was an impromptu purchase when I was out getting my other MAC stuff. I hadn't bought myself a lipstick since September and the last one I got was for Christmas! Sooooo I thought I needed a treat. This is a satin finish and I would consider it to be in the same family as Velvet Teddy, Honeylove, Kinda Sexy and you get me. Such a nice nude/pink colour

MAC Lipstick in Plumful. Unlike Brave, this wasn't an impromptu purchase, in fact, I've been after it for ages. It is such a nice May colour! It's a pinky purple colour, a lustre finish so it just glides on. It doesn't have the staying power of Rebel or anything like that, but that's not what you need in Spring. Just a lovely wash of colour. If you want me to do an updated MAC lipstick collection let me know. I'm currently on 16 so just comment below if you're interested.

Essie Nail Polish in Cute as a Button. Oh Essie nail polish, you have my heart. My collection is growing fast and I couldn't resist this one. It reminds me of a slightly watermelon pink (albeit not the actual watermelon colour from Essie). It's a reddish pink but not too bright. Just beautiful for May and June.
Link here (there's a free gift when you buy 3 Essie products from boots!)

Maybelline Superstay 7 Day Nail Polish in Uptown Blue. I realised my obsession with Essie was a bit much (and also a bit expensive) so I purchased a drugstore polish on a whim. I have to say, I was so impressed with this Maybelline one! One coat gave enough colour and a good consistency, although it didn't last 7 days (I wasn't expecting it to), it did last a good 3 without chipping
Link here


Garnier Ultimate Blends Hair Oil. This is the Sleek Restorer one. I am a real sucker for a good hair oil, I love how soft and nourished this one makes my hair feel. It smells amazing, it feels great on the hair and you can use it in 3 different ways. I think you can use it on wet hair before drying, dry hair before styling and after styling too.
Link here

The Body Shop Illuminating Moisturiser. I was using the Garnier Moisture Match illuminating moisturiser but purchased this one when the Body Shop was doing a 3 for 2 and I couldn't decide what to get as my third item! I do love this, it leaves your skin with a subtle pink glow (different from the Garnier one which leaves a yellow glow). Still haven't decided which one I prefer but I might compare and contrast them in a future blogpost.
Link here

St Tropez Tan Booster. Oh my gosh I love this stuff. You can use it on your natural tan or your St Tropez tan and it just prolongs the tan for an extra few days. So if you're like me, and can't be bothered applying fake tan every day or every other day, just use this stuff and it lasts up to 3 days longer!
Link here (currently 1/3 off at boots!)

Not extremely exciting, but there are a good few new purchases on here! I've tried to keep my reviews as unbiased as possible, if you would like to know more about any of these products, just leave a comment below! I'll speak to you in my next one.
CJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment