Pages

Friday 29 May 2015

The Fitness Diaries: WEEK 12

This week's theme: Gym Classes!
Ok, so you know the saying: It takes 4 weeks for you to notice a change, 8 weeks for you friends and family to notice and 12 weeks for the rest of the world. Well, by my calculations, everyone should have noticed a change in my body by now, but I personally don't see it all that much. Not through lack of trying either! I am noticing I'm starting to slim down in places, and I am SO much more capable than I've ever been, I just want to see more results, you know?
So, as always, switching up my routine. I swapped 2 out of 3 workouts this week for classes (yay!) The first was a cycle class and the second was legs, bums and tums. If you've been to either of these classes before, you'll know the score, if you haven't, you're in for a treat.
So I have love/hate relationship with cycle classes, like I do with most exercise, however this one I feel just takes the cake. It's so good, it's the first time that I've ever physically felt and seen the sweat dripping from my face and body (sorry - tmi), and it just overall feels amazing. Doing speed intervals and climbing intervals and even though it's killing you, being able to keep up just feels so satisfying. However, if you're considering taking part in a cycle class, clear your schedule for a few day after that because there is NO WAY you'll be able to move like a normal human being, and that's not just from aching muscles. Not sure if this is the same for both men and women, but I'm just warning you, you might bruise.
Legs, bums and tums however, was amazing. It's so good to mix up your routine and do it with other people! It motivates you so much more. This was great a we had intervals for legs, glutes and abs. There was still some cardio involved, but not all that much. The one thing I CANNOT do though, is burpees. I just can't cope, it's so difficult. And this class usually contains a lot of burpees and jumping around in general, I managed it, not without some difficulty.
Fitness classes benefit you so much in the sense that it gives you motivation when you're lacking some. You don't have to tell yourself what to do, somebody else is doing tat for you. Al you have to worry about is actually doing it. I feel like I burn way more calories and work a lot harder when I'm following a video and especially when I'm in a class with other people, you don't want to be the first one to give u after all.
As of this week as well, I'm going to start weighing myself and actually keeping track of my progress, which of course, I will keep  you updated with for any pounds lost/gained. It's been way over a year since I last weighted myself and I'm actually terrified of the outcome.
Favourite at-home workout of the week comes from X hit Daily, I love this workout because even though it's called legs, bums and tums, it's really an all body workout and really helps back strength too!
 

I hope you enjoyed this week's instalment! I'm really trying to fit some exercise in anywhere I can at the moment in between revision sessions! And I definitely want to start toning up for summer, only 7 weeks until my holiday now! Try to do the above workout 2 times and you will really feel it! Don't forget to stretch!
CJ x

If you've missed previous weeks find them here:

Week 11

Week 10

No comments:

Post a Comment