Pages

Sunday 11 January 2015

The Soap and Glory THE NEXT BIG THING Box

Hello all!
As always, Soap and Glory brought out a limited edition box set for Christmas 2014 and I must say, this year's was bigger and better than ever before. At only £29 this box included 10 full-sized products with a total value of over £70!
I was lucky enough to receive this as a Christmas present, but I was considering buying this for myself. This product is STILL AVAILABLE for only £30! I would get it while you can as it's such amazing value and all of the products really are worth getting. Find it here

 
 
 


First up is the Orangeasm Body Wash (£6.50). This is a product that I've never tried before, but I'm not new to Soap and Glory body washes as I'm a sucker for Clean on Me. However, the Orangeasm is completely different! The scent really does make you feel revitalised and energetic so I really love using this if I'm showering in the morning. Scented with fresh green mandarin, Sicilian lemon and orange peel, this wash really does smell and feel fresh and energising.

Next is the Whipped Clean Shower Butter (£7). This really is a 2-in-1 product, it doubles up as a shower gel and a body butter! It goes on like a cream (or a butter) and then bubbles up slightly as you massage it into your skin. This has the typical Soap and Glory scent (which I adore) of pistachio, almonds and sweet vanilla. If you don't always have time to moisturize, this is the product for you!

If you do have time to moisturize however, there are products for that too! I found the Butter Yourself Moisture Lotion (£10) really unique (albeit hard to get out) as it has a pump. This stuff has a really creamy and buttery texture, a little like the Righteous Butter but with a more citrusy scent. I can see this really working well with the Orangeasm wash as the fragrances are quite similar. This has shea butter and orange waterjuice in it as well as almond, mango and moringa oils and it leaves your skin feeling super soft.


More in the way of body butters is my personal favourite one to use; The Righteous Butter (£10.50). I love using this after Clean on Me as it's the same signature scent that is just to die for. This formula is for extremely dry skin so it's super nourishing and leaves your skin softer than the others (but it does take longer to dry). This is the ultimate pamper evening butter in my house.

A real cult favourite seems to be the Sugar Crush Body Scrub (£8) and having tried a few of Soap and Glory's scrubs, this one definitely reduces the roughness of skin the easiest, I'm not overly fond of the scent as it seems a bit overpowering but I can see why other people love it as it is a nice smell. It has brown sugar, sweet lime, almond oil and macadamia grains and a little really does go a long way with this product.


Next is the Heel Genius Foot Cream (£5.50) which I swear by! If you walk, exercise or wear heels a lot, this stuff is a life saviour! It leaves your heels (and the rest of your feet) feeling really soft and smooth even if they were previously cracked. Use this once or twice a week to keep that feeling, it's recommended to use it every night or as often as you can remember on the tube, but once again, a little goes a long way! It has macadamia oil, menthol (which you can get the hint of in the smell, and I also hear helps sooth colds?!) and bilberry, orange and lemon fruit acid smoothers. I was over the moon to find this product in the box as I love having spares of it!

A product that's always raved about in magazines and reviews is the Hand Dream Super Cream (£7). This is a definite winter staple if you're getting these cold months! It helps dry, cracked hands feel super moisturised and evens out skin tone (which I have noticed as my veins are certainly less purple). Enriched with macadamia and shea butter to give it that signature scent.


I'm not much of a makeup wipe user, however I am really impressed with the Off Your Face purifying cloths (£4,50). At a first glance, I thought it was a little expensive for 25 wipes but I've been using them after removing my makeup as they are a 3-in-1 cleanser, toner and moisturizer and even exfoliator if you apply enough pressure. They are meant to be pore minimizing and help prevent blackhead build up so I will report back on this! They're also currently on offer at boots for £3.60!

Two things that I've heard so much about in the blogging world and I've been dying to try are the Thick and Fast Mascara and the Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Lacquer (in Charm Offensive). First of all, the Mascara (£10) is in my opinion, one of the best drugstore mascaras I have ever tried. There are a few variations of this including a collagen coat and a lengthening one. The original is super volumizing and really makes your lashes look longer and fuller - a definite repurchase. Secondly, the Lipgloss (£7) is a real 'my lips but better' (and shinier) colour. I felt a slight tingling sensation when I applied it but didn't notice much in the way of plumping, however it really is a lovely product. It comes off easily, but then again, it is lipgloss!


Even though I am already a loyal Soap and Glory user, I am really impressed with the quality, quantity and price of this box! I have never used the majority of these products before and I will be repurchasing a few of them! Also, I am new to Soap and Glory makeup and I already love it, I will certainly be buying more so let me know of any recommendations!
CJ x

 

1 comment: