Pages

Thursday 30 April 2015

The Fitness Diaries - WEEK 8

Hello everybody!
Welcome to Week 8 of the fitness diaries! By this point, I'm guessing the blogs are running a week or so behind so I'm technically on week 10 right now, but regardless, week 8 needs addressing.
This week's theme: Staying healthy when traveling.
If you've read my other recent blogposts, you'll know that I just took a short trip to Paris! eek! And if you haven't, you should go and read them. Even though this was only a 4 day trip, it still affected my normal routine as I wasn't able to eat my usual meals at the usual time and I couldn't work out as much.
But I embraced it! I had a super early flight in the morning so I packed a few Nakd bars for the trip and headed off. As usual, I only drank water (and a lot more of it!) It was super hot in Paris while we were there so it was so important to stay hydrated. I found myself drinking about 3 litres of water a day.
As for the eating, I can't say I was on top form. The food there is something else, and who can resist it? There were far too many incidents with macaroons, pastries, croissants and crepes than I'd like to admit. But I was always careful with my portions and I'd only allow myself one treat per day *sob*.
I find it so hard to control your eating habits when traveling because you're always on the go! We found ourselves grabbing croissants in the morning on the way to the metro, eating a sandwich in the afternoon in some elaborate gardens and then finally having a proper meal at about 8:30pm (not good!)
We did manage to do a hell of a lot of walking in Paris, we walked all around the gardens of Versailles, walked from the Arc de Triomphe to the Place de la Concorde, walked UP the Eiffel Tower - yes I did say WALKED UP. And I even managed to sneak a workout in one morning!
This one consisted of:
  • 100 jumping jacks
  • 100 skip ropes (imaginary rope)
  • 100 high knees
  • 100 butt kicks
  • 40 squats
  • 40 lunges
  • 40 crunches
  • 40 reverse crunches
  • 40 push ups
  • 1 minute plank
Not bad ey? Getting back into my normal routine after Paris has been HARD. I managed to do a quick workout during the week, but nothing too exciting, I will keep you posted week by week on my progress. As from Week 10, I will be kicking things up a notch as there will only be 12 weeks until I need to achieve my summer body! And the panic begins! Why don't you join me on my fight for fit for the next 12 weeks? Let me know!

Week 7
Week 6


CJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment