Pages

Tuesday 14 April 2015

The Fitness Diaries: WEEK 7

This week's theme: Strength Training
Hello from Paris everybody!
As we are now on Week 7 (can you believe it?!) I am definitely noticing a change in my body, more so in the strength I have rather than the exterior but as I said last week, things are slimming down.
I am still loving my morning workouts, there's something about going to the gym first thing in the morning in the fresh, crisp air and then having the rest of the day ahead of you without having to worry about squeezing a workout in!
Last week's goals were to incorporate strength into at least two of my gym sessions. The first one I did was leg day (oh my god - that hurt). Leg day consisted of:
  • 5k bike ride
  • 2 mile run
  • 10 minutes on the stairmaster
  • 100 jumping jacks
  • 50 weighted squats
  • 50 weighted calf raises
  • 50 weighted lunges (25 each side)
  • 50 weighted plie squats
(All weighted exercises were with a 4kg kettebell)

In addition to this, I did one normal cardio workout, you know the drill, 5k cycling, 5k running/walking, elliptical and stairmaster. As well as incorporating an upper body workout into my week as well. This workout had:
  • 25 tricep dips
  • 25 bicep curls
  • 25 overhead presses
  • 25 overhead tricep extensions
  • 25 lateral raises
  • 25 hammer curls
(I repeated these exercises twice - ow!)

So there you have it, this week's workouts and routines. Eating has been as normal, may have had a few dr peppers here and there but no caffeine, everything wholeweat, no red meat etc. Sorry this is a tad late - I've been out of the country. Be sure to check back for more about that!
CJ x
Week 6
Week 5

No comments:

Post a Comment