Pages

Sunday 29 March 2015

The Fitness Diaries: WEEK 5

This week's theme: Finding time to work out
Ok, so this week was quite difficult. I could sit here and give you a million reasons why I didn't find time to go to the gym, and give you excuse after excuse, but I'm not going to do that. I'm coming off one of the worst weeks I have ever had and it's definitely the worst of the year. However, I did find tie to get in a few workouts ( even though the blog wasn't out on time).
Last weeks targets were to build up my endurance when running, and beat my previous cardio times. As for endurance, I'm currently trying to build it up so I can just run a mile straight, without any walking in there. I'm asthmatic so it is tricky to regulate my breathing but I'm currently running for half a mile, then walking for a minute, running for 1/4 a mile, walking a minute and running the rest. That is actually an improvement on last week so I'll keep you posted! My first mile on the treadmill was 13 seconds better than in week 4 and my 5k on the bikes was 7 seconds better.
As far as incorporating strength training goes: I've been doing it via my at home workouts. I've been loving blogilates '6 minutes' videos.
These videos have really helped me this week as I was still getting a workout in even though I didn't have a lot of time; I did these workouts either first thing in the morning or last thing in the evening and I managed 4 of them! So proud of myself!
Moral of the story: when you're feeling sorry for yourself, don't let it affect your body, even though I've been stressed and I have slacked on my workouts. I haven't let it affect my eating. I still manage 2 litres of water and 5 pieces of fruit and veg a day while trying to watch my carb intake.
Next weeks goals: I'm going to a jump nation workout this week and I'm so excited to give it a try, so one goal is to do that and at least 2 more workouts which are cardio and strength combined. I'm going to start building up my strength training with a leg day this week!
Wish me luck!
CJ x
 
 
I've also got some super exciting announcements coming up soon on the blog - we're going to be seeing some huge changes leading up to the 50th blog post!


No comments:

Post a Comment