Pages

Sunday 1 March 2015

New In Beauty February 2015

Hello!
I've been on a little bit of a beauty product splurge recently, there's just so many undiscovered products out there that I just couldn't resist! Furthermore, once I find a brand I like, I really love it and have to have multiple products/colours so there are a few of these on here.

Lush
Firstly, Lush brought out their Valentine's day collection and it was so cute! I didn't get everything, but I picked up these 3 things as they were calling to me. Lonely hearts bubble bar, lonely hearts bubbleroon and unicorn horn bubble bar. Just look at how sparkly they are.



L'Oreal
I've been mooching at the L'Oreal counter for a while now, and every time I find myself drawn to their Color Riche Exclusive Reds Collection. So I took the plunge and went for Blake's red, it's such a lovely red with slight blue undertones, perfect for fair to medium skin with yellow, pink or peach undertones. And it's a really good dupe for MAC red too! It definitely has the staying power.
Buy this lipstick here.

NARS
Just one new purchase from NARS this month, and that is the Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Sex Machine and oh my god I am obsessed. The colour is what's described on the website as an 'Innocent Pink Mauve'. These lipstick pencils are incredible. The pigmentation is great, they are super easy to apply (and make it ridiculously easy to get those desired Kylie Jenner lips) and there is a huge range of colours! I went for the perfect dusty pink in my opinion, just right for Spring! I can't wait to try more of these.
Check this lipstick out here.

Essie
To those of you who have been reading for a while, it's no surprise to you that I have bought yet more colours. I really fancied some brighter, spring/summer colours. I went for lilacism, which is the perfect pale lilac. Lovie Dovie, which honestly, was on my nails throughout the whole of February. It's the most gorgeous bright but muted pink, it just brightens my day. I also went for a lovely coral colour called Tart Deco.
Essie's Full Colour Range (from shops) here.



Kardashian Beauty
I popped in to Liverpool recently and as I was battling my way against the wind, a light at the end of the tunnel appeared. And that light was a Kardashian Beauty pop-up store. Not only that, but as it was closing and moving a few days later, everything was 50% off! Unfortunately, they didn't have the bronzer I was after, so I played it safe and bought 3 lip products. I got their joystick lip lacquer (kind of a mix between a lipstick and a lipgloss) in a name that is so tiny I can't read .... Love something (sorry!). I also bought two lipglosses; the lip plumping shimmer gloss in Revved Up Rose Gold is such a gorgeous colour, and because of the shimmer it definitely makes lips appear fuller, but it's honey flavoured. I do like honey, but the smell and the taste is just a bit too strong for every day wear, it makes me reluctant to reapply it. I also bought their Honey Stick (this one, ironically, is not honey flavoured) in Natural Honey, which is the exact colour that Kim K herself wore to her wedding in Italy, this is a beautiful, slightly dark nude lipgloss. Also, I need to add that the white and rose gold packaging of the Kardashian Beauty collection is to die for!
Joystick Lip Pen.
Lip Plumping Gloss.
Honey Stick Lip Gloss.

Burberry
Aaaaaahhh Burberry, why must you be so beautiful?! On the same trip to Liverpool, I came across the only Burberry beauty concession stand outside of London (or maybe it was the only one in Debenhams outside of London?) Regardless, it was the only one that I had ever seen so I knew I had to visit. I'd heard a lot about Burberry's new wet and dry eyeshadows and how gorgeous and pigmented they were so if I was only going to buy one product, it was this one! These weren't even out on display yet because they were that new and not even advertised in the slightest, if a customer wanted one, they had to request one! I settled for the colour Rosewood, which, as the name suggests, is a slightly Rose taupe colour and once again, I'm in love with an item of makeup.
Rosewood eyeshadow.


There isn't a product here that I regret buying, and I am over the moon with my luck on the purchases, please let me know of any recommendations of products that I haven't mentioned here as I am always looking to try more. And guys, you need to try that burberry eyeshadow! How many people can say their eyeshadow comes with a duster bag? Exactly, point proven
CJ x







No comments:

Post a Comment