Pages

Saturday 21 February 2015

Mini Brand Focus: Charlotte Tilbury

Happy Saturday people!
OK, as some of you may know, a certain lady has sparked an interest in many of the beauty bloggers out there, that lady is the wonder that is Charlotte Tilbury. She is a make up artist to the stars and as of the past couple of years, has her own brand of makeup and even skincare now! I know, it's ever so exciting!
As soon as I heard all about her Matte Revolution lipsticks, I knew I had to have one! So this was my first purchase, and after that I was hooked. This brand isn't cheap but it's definitely worth the money. The quality of her products are amazing and the pigmentation is impeccable. So here's a mini-review of the C Tils products I've tried so far. 

Matte Revolution Lipsticks: Glastonberry
First ever purchase and I don't regret it in the slightest. I have been on the hunt for the perfect dark purple/red/burgundy combination in a lipstick for so many years and this is it. Not to criticize MAC or anything, but most matte lipsticks (especially the more pigmented ones such as Diva) are sooooo drying on the lips. This one isn't. It's a matte but glides on so easily and isn't drying in the slightest. it's also super long wearing and just an all around winner!

Colour Chameleon Colour-Morphing Eyeshadow Pencils: Bronzed Garnet and Amethyst Aphrodisiac 
Eyeshadow sticks are officially the new thing. From clinique to borjouis are jumping on them. But these ones are above all others. They are actually specially designed for each individual eye colour. Blue, Brown, Hazel and Green eyes all have the options for a slightly softer day colour and a more dramatic night colour. I have the ones designed for green eyes and they are incredible. Bronzed garnet gives the perfect 'bedroom eyes' smokey effect for everyday that can give you an instant Olsen twin look. As for Amethyst Aphrodisiac, it really brings out the green in your eyes (even if they're slightly grey like mine) and transforms your makeup look into that of a rock star's. They glide on so easily and are ridiculously blendable. I would highly recommend these to any eye colour.

Colour Coded Eyeshadow Palette: The Dolce Vita
More colour codedness from the gods, these eyeshadow palettes are also incredible. They each come with 4 colours: Prime, Enhance, Smoke and Pop. The Dolce Vita palette is just stunning, anybody looking for those on trend burgundy and gold eyes this year can come straight to Miss Tilbury. Once again, easily blendable, lovely application, super pigmented. You can't go wrong with this palette as all the colours are perfectly designed to give you that film star look.

So, even though I've only tried a few Charlotte Tilbury products, I'm already hooked. I predict her to have the best makeup brand of 2015. I can't wait for her new releases and I'm dying to try more of her products (mainly her Film Star Bronze and Glow and her Lip Cheat pencils!) If you have any recommendations, please let me know as I really want to test more! 
I hope you've been converted
CJ x








No comments:

Post a Comment